Thermostatic and Pressure Balanced Marine
Taking a shower supplied
by a mobile water system is unpredictable because the temperature
of the water supply is inherently hot, and the pressure can
fluctuate rapidly. Not only can taking a shower in a boat or ship be uncomfortable,
it could be downright dangerous.
The Thermostatic and Pressure Balanced FM Mattsson dual function marine
shower valve offers an effective solution to the problem.
- Built-in Thermostat: When the hot water supply fluctuates in
temperature, the FM Mattsson mixer automatically adjusts to
this change and produces a uniform outlet temperature.
- Pressure Balanced: It has the ability to adjust to extreme
and rapid variations in the pressure of both the hot and
the cold water supply yet show virtually no variation in
the temperature or pressure coming from the shower
- Automatic Shut-down: As an added safety feature, if either
the hot or the cold water supply is interrupted, the
shower shuts down automatically. The chance of being
scalded because of the sudden loss of cold water is
virtually eliminated. You are also protected against the
sudden loss of hot water to avoid a sudden
blast of cold water.
The same T/PB shower valve, used for
decades in homes, nursing homes, hospitals and schools
translate beautifully to the marine environment.
- It takes only half a second to suffer 3rd degree
burns in 150°F water.
- Hot tap water accounts for 24% of all scald burns
- The average length of stay in the hospital for a
tap water scald burn is 17 days
- Turning your hot water heater temperature down is
NOT the answer since dangerous bacteria can form
in your plumbing and pipes
- Marine and ship water systems are usually kept quite hot, but not
to worry, the Thermostatic and Pressure Balanced shower
valve will compensate.
| FM Mattsson invented the first thermostatic AND pressure
balanced shower valve. This superior Swedish technology is now available
in the USA! Only showers that are both thermostatic AND pressure
balance are able to compensate
for changes in either pressure or temperature - so go ahead and flush ~ the person in the shower will not feel the difference.
Secure Shopping Cart: Order